Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Quentin Tarantino

Quentin Tarantino spins (and borrows!) epic tales of love, violence, revenge and redemption. He throws in pop-culture gems, killer soundtracks and rapid-fire dialogue... And he writes his screenplays long hand. (Say what?!)

One of my favorite writers shares his ritual:

"I never use a computer. I just write it all by hand. It’s a ceremony. I go to a stationery store and buy a notebook. Then I buy a bunch of red felt pens and a bunch of black ones, and I’m like, “These are the pens I’m gonna write Kill Bill with.”

I love pen and paper, but I really love to work electronically. (Plus I'm addicted to cut and paste!) Do you write projects long hand? Do you have any special rituals?

Keep kicking ass!

5 comments:

  1. Funny, when I first got my laptop, I had trouble writing at it. I stuck to my old journals! I forced myself to get used to it though, and now am most comfortable writing on that specific computer while in bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Steph - Woohoo persistence pays off! (And yay for writing in bed :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's much easier to focus when I am relaxed... now just to find the time...

    ReplyDelete