Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Elmore Leonard

Fly head first into rapid-fire dialogue, twisty plots, gritty guys and vivid girls. Crime fiction writer Elmore Leonard commands an action-packed world with both edge-of-your-seat and laugh-out-loud moments.

And Elmore Leonard's advice for writers?
"Try to leave out the parts that readers skip."

As a reader, what parts do you skip?

Check out the trailer for the '98 film version of Elmore Leonard's book Out of Sight :)

Got to love a strong female MC - Karen Sisco rocks!

Keep kicking ass!

3 comments:

  1. Busted. I love to write descriptions, but I sometimes skip over them when reading, seeking out the action.
    In scifi/fantasy, I sometimes skip the long, drawn out descriptions of clothing. All I need to know is that they're clothed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skip straight over the "Grandpa Simpson" off on a tangent thought process, which remind me I love this movie! I might have to steal a few chips break out some dip and lock myself away for a 1998 flash back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @KO - So true! And you’re totally right about the clothing (aren’t we all wearing silver jumpsuits in the future, anyway?)

    @0800 – Ah, and do you get your eye-glaze on? Sign me up for the chips and dip :)

    @Deirdra – That’s so cool, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete